Last Thursday Deem employees in San Francisco were treated to an afternoon of delicious catered food, fun games with co-workers and gorgeous sunshine on the Little Marina Green for our annual company picnic. The event was a roaring success with folks coming together from all corners of the company to share in celebrating summer, hard work and another year together here at Deem.
The day kicked off around noon as folks arrived to uncharacteristic 80 degree heat for a catered lunch and some refreshing beverages. After gorging on a wide assortment of offerings employees began to mingle and engage in fun activities like football, soccer, home run derby, giant jenga, slam ball and slackline (aka walking the corporate plank). Although the heat eventually became oppressive, our innovative employees “pivoted” by carrying the plastic tables and chairs a short distance into the shade where the festivities resumed.
Highlights of the day included:
- VP of Engineering Dmitri Korablev stepping in poop before showing off his mastery on the slackline
- A group of adventure seekers inadvertently missing the group photo while hiking to the Wave Organ and taking glam shots
- HR Manager Angela Schenone and Senior Counsel Chris Fey’s dogs (Mr. Big and Mochi) battling it out for cutest Maltese/company mascot
- Platform Architect Peter Nuetzel revoking his own work visa by strapping on a parachute and flying away in the wind
- The CEO getting the most epic sunburn known to mankind while reliving his glory days against bitter rival Dobbs Ferry HS, playing both quarterback AND inside linebacker in a game of tackle football with fellow employees
- A group of folks spontaneously enjoying an after party of fireball shots at Brick Yard once the picnic ended and the sun went down
We are also pleased to announce the winners of our first Instagram photo contest, the results of which you can see here or by visiting the Instagram app on your phone or tablet for the Deem account (@deeminc).
For Deem Employees: If your picture was selected as one of the winners, please swing by the Marketing department on the western-facing side of the 21st floor to claim your mystery prize.